My client based in Solihull, is looking for a Credit Controller who has the ability to work autonomously. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a vibrant and successful team that is responsible for efficient cash collection and ensuring internal processes and controls are followed. To support the growth of the business by being commercially minded while maximizing cash flow and keeping bad debt to a minimum.
Credit Controller Duties:
- Communicate with external customers by telephone first and foremost but also by e-mail or letter where required to collect all outstanding debt on the ledger
- Understand credit reports, interpreting them and taking action as necessary
- Assist with monitoring credit limits by ensuring that payment terms are strictly adhered to and exceptions are actioned on a subjective, case by case basis, both for audit purposes and having taken into consideration business impact
- Ensure a swift resolution to all disputes and maintaining our customer satisfaction levels to the required very high standard
- Maintain the debtor ledger to a high standard
- Understanding of recovery of debt up to litigation level
- Make the necessary decision to place accounts/orders on hold
- Taking Credit Card payments through ‘My Sage Pay’
- Posting the daily cash (Cheques, BACS and Credit Cards)
- Making sure all payments are allocated in a timely manner
- Manage the administration of all new accounts that are received from our Sales Executives.
- Sending out a welcome packs/letters to all those customers who have been successful with their credit application
- Print daily invoices and monthly statements
- Communicate with Sales Executives, daily, to discuss any concerns over customers that are upon their patch thus reducing the potential disappointment of any order arriving that cannot be fulfilled due to cash concerns
- Extract and analyse data, making recommendations based on findings
- Provide holiday cover in full for the Accounts administrator
- Apply learning and experience to identify and initiate best practice and to process improvements for the role
- Carry out other duties as required and requested by line manager in line with the job purpose
- Meet their health and safety requirements as specified in the Health & Safety policy
In return for your skills, knowledge, efforts and achievements, you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, company pension scheme, plus other great benefits and social activities within the business. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Credit Controller to progress their career in a successful and growing team.
For more information on this exciting Credit Controller role, apply in confidence today or call our Finance Recruitment specialist Martin for a confidential chat on 0121 705 0077.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this Credit Controller vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.