As a Development Upholsterer, the main functions of this position will be to create patterns and specifications for upholstered furniture and to develop samples as well as production pieces with high attention to detail.
As a Development Upholsterer, the post holder will be required to interpret and prototype new products from patterns to finished product. This role will work closely with the Design Department and follow a weekly prototyping schedule. To project manage the development of new products as well as customer’s special requests.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Development Upholsterer:
- Upholster and make templates for all models of furniture
- Ensure models are ready and scheduled on time for production manufacturing
- Seek solutions to remedy any problems encountered during production
- As Development Upholsterer, you will produce high quality samples, built on time, using the best construction methods
- Produce upholstered furniture for high end price points
- Make improvement recommendation for current products
- Produce new samples as well as duplicate previous pieces from the line
- Produce samples and production that follow in-house quality standards
- Update and keep all specification sheets and Upholsterer instruction manuals current
The Development Upholsterer will need the following experience:
- 5 – 8 years of experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture, preferably in a Product Development setting
- Must be able to upholster, trim, complete skirt detail, make cutting patterns, and develop poly pattern
- Must possess good attention to detail and ability to work with hands
- Must have experience in reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret upholstery instructions commonly placed in an upholstery manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements and sample deadlines
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.