Reporting to the IT Manager and working closely with the IT Team and end users of in house applications.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Application Specialist is responsible for specification and configuration of ERP system enhancements, and proactive identification of opportunities to use functionality to better support business processes. The role holder will work with management and end-users to support new and existing applications and reports.
- Excellent understanding of EDI (EDIFACT/X12/XML, etc)
- Understanding of API
- Good Understanding of Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- Experience using/deploying Altova Mapforce and Mapforce Server an advantage
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mapping data with external partners and our inhouse systems
- Design, development and implementation EDI interfaces including testing and documentation
- Provide development lead for EDI development projects supporting the business throughout
- Assistance during test phases of development supporting internal colleagues
- Follow company procedures to help create and maintain relevant documentation
- Integrate existing software products and work on ensuring incompatible platforms come together
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Write operational and process flow documentation
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Work closely with employees and software vendors to ensure continuous development
- Consult colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating practices
- Investigate new technologies
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Provide day-to-day technical and functional assistance to end users
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.