We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our client based in Birmingham. We are looking for candidates who have previous experience in the finance department. This is a challenging and rewarding role where attention to detail and credibility are key.
- This is a part-time (4 days a week, Tuesday – Friday) permanent position offering a competitive salary
- Fantastic benefits including 21 days’ holiday plus 5 concession days and they are closed over the Christmas period
- Coffee mornings and afternoons every month
The main purpose of this role is to process financial transactions and to maintain the overall financial function to the requests of the company
Main Duties of the Finance Assistant include:
- Working alongside the finance manager to process the financial transactions, help maintain the effort of the finance department
- Make sure the sales ledger process is done with care effectively and efficiently, including, sales invoices/credit notes, opening new accounts, liaising with stakeholders
- Complete bank reconciliations, questioning any unusual activity to review by the Managing Accountant
- Examine aged debt analysis and uphold the credit control
- Processing/posting of all trades associated with the bank reconciliation – period and close down
- Support the Cash and Payment Assistant with: dank duties, cash sheets, MSL website postings, Focal-Point payments and any queries
- Help with the Purchase ledger if necessary – completing BACS payments and ad-hoc payments
- Formulate the accruals, prepayments, deferments and recharge journals, help with annual budget
- Always searching for ways of improvement to improve the service offered
To be considered for the role of Finance Assistant you will have:
- Solid previous financial experience and a understanding of the processes involved
- Good educational background to A-level standard
- A knowledge of software packages – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills and developing and maintain relationships
- The capability to work as part of a team
- Superb organisational and time-management skills
Salary: £20,000 – £21,000 (pro-rata)
Please contact us ASAP if you have the skills required for these positions.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.