As HR Officer on behalf of this company based in Shirley, you will be taking on a really exciting 9 month FTC which is a generalist HR role working within the HR/Training department. Working closely with the HR & Training Manager, this position will support and manage a variety of projects whilst also providing employment law and employee relations advice and support to the business.
One of the key responsibilities of the role is to support the HR & Training Manager on a variety of projects and initiatives including policy updates, recruitment and selection, well-being and data protection. The position will also be an initial point of contact for line managers and staff in relation to policies, procedures and employee relations matters including minute taking and advising on performance and conduct matters.
Main duties of HR Officer:
- Provide support to line managers on all aspects of employment law and employee relations matters including but not limited to performance, absences and leave, flexible working and conduct issues
- Undertake a variety of projects to support the HR Manager in areas that will improve efficiencies, promote a positive culture and / or ensure employment law compliance
- Create and review contractual paperwork including the updating of job descriptions and drafting contracts and offer packs
- Play a key role in recruitment processes, including advertising, short listing and interviewing
- Work closely with the whole department and delegate administrative duties to the Administrators
- Support with investigations, grievances and disciplinary proceedings with third party employment law advice when required
- Play a key role in supporting and advising the business in relation to current data protection legislation to ensure compliance.
What they’re looking for – HR Officer:
- Previous experience working in an HR officer / generalist role, providing advisory support and coaching to line managers on employment legislation and employee relations matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent listening skill s and an eye for detail
- Highly organised and with the ability to prioritise own work, effectively manage multiple deadlines and delegate as appropriate
- Empathetic and sensitive with a focus on staff wellbeing
- Experience of writing and reviewing policies and procedures
- Familiar with current employment legislation including data protection
- Experience of managing recruitment processes including writing job descriptions and adverts and interviewing
- Effective and collaborative interpersonal skills and the ability to form good working relationships and to communicate at all levels of the Company
- A ‘can do’ solution driven approach with the ability to remain positive and calm even during busy periods
- A personable and supportive team member
For more information on this exciting HR Officer role, apply in confidence today or call our HR Recruitment specialist Martin for a confidential chat on 0121 705 0077.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.