IS Assurance Lead
Reporting to the IS Manager, the IS Assurance Lead is responsible for providing technical guidance and support for the continued development, implementation and management of an integrated IT infrastructure ensuring the estate of critical gas industry systems supported in a 24x7x365 operation is fit for purpose now and into the future. The IS Assurance Lead will need to demonstrate the balance between operating in a detailed ‘hands-on’ elements of an infrastructure/data with the provision of strategic advice, information and support in these areas.
- Assure technical solutions to ensure fit for purpose Infrastructure requirements, and partner with service delivery and transformation colleagues to plan and pre-empt project requirements.
- Manage the investigation and resolution of IT security incidents that occur within the broader IT systems landscape, escalating all incidents and/or other suspected IT security problems to senior stakeholders when necessary.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers and contractual relationships across areas including but not limited to service provision, agreements and governance requirements in line with remit or portfolio of responsibility escalating issues where appropriate.
- Manage the process of implementing vendor-supplied patches and fixes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the systems and applications.
- Actively maintain existing IS Service integrity and the introduction of change covering both small- and large-scale change projects within remit or portfolio of responsibility.
- Identify root causes of faults, proactively working with suppliers to identify and implement rapid resolution that is fit for purpose.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to understand and interpret the criticality of issues, identifying appropriate courses of action and resolution.
- Identify, implement and evaluate system and process improvements within remit or portfolio of responsibility ensuring the organisation’s estate effective and fit for purpose.
- With direction from the IS Manager manage the allocation of resources and work for the broader IS Operations team/s to ensure delivery against key objectives.
- Being an escalation point to provide support and guidance to teams covering the 24×7 operations as part of a duty management rota.
- Experience in similar roles working to industry best practice standards within tight timescale in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of data centre infrastructure including an understanding of the implementation of physical security solutions.
- Knowledge, understanding and some practical experience of building and maintain supplier relationships including direct, third party and off shore.
- Possess a minimum of ITILv3 foundation plus at least one other relevant ITIL intermediate qualification, being able to demonstrate experience and understanding of content having worked in an ITIL environment previously, or willing to work toward certification using your experience.
My client has adopted Franklin Covey’s 7 Habits as the core behaviours that they want every one to demonstrate:
- Be Proactive – Good customer service requires action and good service requires initiative. Both require you to take responsibility for your actions
- Begin With the End in Mind – Start with a clear destination to ensure the steps you are taking are in the right direction. Great customer experience requires planning, direction and a mutual goal
- Put First Things First – Have the discipline to prioritise your day-to-day actions based on what is most important, not what is most urgent. A fantastic customer experience is focused on putting the actions that mean the most to our customers first
- Think Win-Win – Value and respect people by understanding a ‘win’ for all is ultimately a better long-term resolution. Included in the overall goal is being able to fulfil the needs of our customers
- Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood – Seek to deeply understand through empathic listening. A great customer experience is received when understanding the needs, wants and problems of customers to truly add value where and when it matters
- Synergise – Combine the strengths of people through positive teamwork, to achieve goals that no one could have done alone. Exceptional customer experience is showing we are willing to explore new ways of working via the synergy of purpose, shared goals and insights
- Sharpen the Saw – Surrounds all of the other habits and makes each one possible by preserving and enhancing your greatest asset – yourself. In order to be effectively Customer Centric, we need to ensure we are recharged and able to achieve the right outcomes for our customers
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.