IS Delivery Lead Application Support
Operating in an ITIL environment and reporting to the Application Support Manager, the role is responsible for ensuring that 24/7 supported based business critical applications are effectively maintained, monitored and improved.
The position is also responsible for ensuring that new and modified services introduced to the estate by solution delivery teams, through service transition, are effective, fit for purpose and resilient.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to understand requirements for the provision of services. Identifying appropriate courses of actions to ensure business requirements met.
- Manage service providers and governance in line with scope of responsibility, escalating issues where appropriate. Develop and/or evaluate governance reporting and assessment of service improvements.
- Interact with internal teams and service providers to resolve complex service issues.
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on KPI and KVI indicators.
- Ensure relevant ensure procedures and processes are robust and maintained
- Identify, implement and evaluate system and process improvements within scope of responsibility ensuring delivery of business value.
- Actively maintain service integrity and the introduction of change covering both small and large-scale change projects.
- Proactively manage and enforce Quality Assurance as part of the operational excellence ethos.
- Work with projects to assure that the design and delivery of services meets the high standards required within the department
- Identify root causes of faults, proactively working with service providers to identify and implement rapid resolutions that are fit for purpose.
- With direction from the manager, manage and prioritise the allocation of resources and work within the broader department teams to ensure delivery against objectives.
- Actively being an escalation point to provide support and guidance to service providers covering 24×7 operations as part of a duty management rota.
Specialist/Technical Expertise (Preferred)
- Experience in similar, service orientated roles working to industry best practice standards within tight timescales in a fast-paced environment.
- Some knowledge, understanding and practical experience of systems and service development. Ideally of the full software development life cycle.
- Some background, knowledge, understanding and practical experience of working in a SAP based environment.
- Knowledge and practical experience of building and maintain service provider relationships including direct and on/offshore service providers.
- Possess ITIL v3/v4 foundation certification. Alternatively, be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of ITIL having worked in an ITIL environment and willing to work toward certification.
- Some knowledge and understanding of other applicable IT standards or methodologies e.g. IS20000-1 ; ISO27001 ; COBIT ; Prince 2 ; SIAM.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.