Purchase Ledger Clerk
We are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our client based in Solihull. We are looking for candidates who have previous experience within Purchase Ledger. This is a challenging and rewarding role where attention to detail and credibility are key.
- This is a full-time, permanent position offering a competitive salary
- Fantastic benefits including 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme and a bonus based on performance
The employee’s well-being and personal/career development is of paramount importance and the successful candidate will receive mentoring and coaching to ensuring their career objectives are achieved.
Main Duties of the Purchase Ledger Clerk include:
- Processing invoices of around 4000 – 5000 per month
- Requesting and then scanning and documenting for electronic authorisation daily
- You will coincide the purchase orders and delivery records to all purchase ledger documentation
- You will be using the phone to deal with the account queries and payments
- Dealing with and successfully resolving customer queries promptly
- When disputes occur you will you will be involved with the accounts reconciliation
- You will work alongside and report to the Purchase Ledger manager
- Working with the finance team to achieve objectives
- Communication involving the overdue accounts is acted upon and fixed on the day of receipt
- Uphold close and working relationships with suppliers as well as internal departments
- Manager supplier payments expectations
To be considered for the role of Purchase Ledger Clerk you will have:
- Solid previous Purchase Ledger experience and a understanding of the processes involved
- An advanced knowledge of software packages – SAGE
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner
- The capability to work as part of a team as well as working effectively alone
- Superb organisational and time-management skills
Please contact us ASAP if you have the skills required for these positions.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.