Retail Sales Co-ordinator
3 days per week – Salary: £18,000 pro rata
This is a busy role working for an independent flooring company who are looking to computerise, organise and expand an already well established company. Owner managed, both Directors work in the business every day but are mostly out on customer premises. This role is an integral part of the business and will be responsible for setting up the administrative function whilst delivering excellent customer service at all times.
Purpose: To contribute to Company profitability through the management of the showroom and all administrative related duties. Maximising on business revenue generated though customer enquiries, whilst providing a high quality service to all customers.
Principal Areas of Responsibility.
- Creating a customer database, logging all contact details and managing the database on a day to day basis
- Taking customer orders both face to face and over the phone, gaining all information required and processing and prioritising accordingly
- Be accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Raising quotations for customers
- Raising invoices and logging accordingly
- Keeping in regular contact (at least weekly) with potential customers and ensuring all enquiries are logged, details taken and potential sales are chased
- Scheduling, planning and managing the estimating and fitting diary on behalf of the company
- Chasing up all customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Working to monthly sales targets, logging actual revenue and being aware of company targets and work in progress
- Developing strong relationships with all suppliers, paying all suppliers for goods ordered, placing orders whilst being aware of delivery times for scheduling fitting
- Research local activity to identify potential business opportunities, new build projects and contacting property agents to introduce the company
- Managing the Work In Progress Board to give full visibility of all orders and works pending
- Take part in local marketing campaigns to generate and promote the business
- Liaise and place advertisements in the local press
- Taking payments from customers
- Social media, managing Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, regularly posting and updating activity and promoting the business, coming up with ideas and copy to post
- Chasing quotations sent
- Checking availability of stock with suppliers
- Ensuring the showroom is tidy, presentable and fully stocked with samples of products at all times
- Ordering products from various suppliers, managing timeframes and ensuring any late of delayed orders are reported to the directors
- Ensuring refreshments are available and offered to customers at all times
- Maintain a working and effective filing system, filing and archiving of all paperwork
- Collate all accounting paperwork on behalf of the directors, VAT and invoices
- Raising all quotations on behalf of the company and sending out in a timely manner
- Paying invoices and suppliers
- Meeting and greeting customers into the showroom, giving accurate and detailed product information
- Scheduling fitting and estimating appointments
- Maintain regular contact with customers at all times to make sure they understand timeframes
- Take pride in ensuring that the professional image of the company is portrayed at all times.
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Computer literate, used to implementing systems and processes
- Accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Be target driven and take an interest in the business
- Remain motivated and professional at all times
- Be organised and able to manage an order from start to finish
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Have an eye for detail and be highly organised
- Be able to maximise on business opportunities
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.